- Corporate body
Part of MIssion School District #75, Silverdale Elementary School was officially opened in 1892 on the corner of Cooper and Silverdale roads. The school was rebuilt twice before closing in 1959, which is the same year the present building was constructed. Its five teachers aim to improve the literacy and numeracy to students from Kindergarten to Grade six, and aid them in acquiring the skills needed to become socially responsible citizens. The Grade six students at Silverdale Elementary are responsible for the recycling at the school. Silverdale Elementary is central to the community; it utilizes the community fields, is located near Silverdale Hall, and is currently educating the third generation of students of some families.