Fraser Valley Record

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Fraser Valley Record

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Fraser Valley Record

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence



For all records pertaining to the "Fraser Valley Record" SEE under current name "Mission City Record."

The Fraser Valley Record was first published in 1908 in Mission City. The newspaper served the interests of Agassiz, Harrison, Harrison Mills, Hatzic, Mission City, Matsqui, Langley, Haney, Hammond, Coquitlam, Port Moody and the surrounding areas. The paper covered news of local, provincial and national importance. Under the new managing editor Lang Sands, the newspaper changed its focus in 1944 to Mission and immediately adjacent communities of Hatzic Island, Hatzic Prairie, Dewdney, Deroche, Nicomen Island, Lake Errock, and McConnell Creek.

In 1996, the newspaper was renamed The Mission City Record and became tabloid in size.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Mission City Record (1996-)

Identifier of the related entity


Category of the relationship


Type of relationship

Mission City Record

is the successor of

Fraser Valley Record

Dates of the relationship

Description of relationship

The Fraser Valley Record was renamed the Mission City Record in 1996.

Access points area

Subject access points


Control area

Authority record identifier


Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion





Maintenance notes