Showing 106 results

Authority record

Mission Hospital Auxiliary

  • 0295
  • Corporate body
  • 1920-

In 1920, a group of women banded together and formed the “Memorial Hospital Auxiliary” to support, enhance and promote health care in our community through volunteering and fundraising.

Through their efforts and innovative services and programs, the Auxiliary has played an integral role in the establishment, construction, and furnishing of Mission’s hospitals (est. 1920, 1925, and 1965).

Among their most outstanding fundraising efforts were “May Days” which they inaugurated in 1921 to provide revenue for the hospital and which went on to become a Mission institution.

Over the decades, the Auxiliary has also developed programs and services for patients, staff and the community, including: a hospital gift shop, a thrift store, ambulatory day care, and assisting long term care facilities.

Mission Memorial Centre Society

  • 0173
  • Corporate body
  • 1973-1989

The Mission Memorial Centre Society was incorporated in 1973 to promote and coordinate social services in the District of Mission. The Society operated the Mission Memorial Centre, previously the Mission Memorial Hospital building. The Society was dissolved in 1989.

Monds (family)

  • 0169
  • Family

Alonzo Gordon Monds (1880-1970) and Ina Monds (1894-1957) arrived in Mission, B.C., in 1912.
Ralph Monds (1923-)

Nicomen Island Women's Institute

  • 0174
  • Corporate body
  • 1947-

Nicomen Island Women's Institute was established in 1947 and served Nicomen Island in the Fraser River east of Mission.

Ogle, Doris E.

  • 0344
  • Person
  • 1906-

Doris Ogle was born in Port Hammond and moved to Mission in 1920. She worked as a nurse at Mission Memorial Hospital until 1934, when she married Sydney Salsberry, who was later killed in action in World War II. She married Phillip Swift in 1950 and since that time has lived in Abbotsford. She was active in a number of community women's groups.

Pacific Cooperative Union

  • 0181
  • Corporate body
  • 1932-1984

The Pacific Cooperative Union was established in 1932 to help farmers process and sell their fruit. The cooperative's members, many of Japanese descent, came from throughout the Fraser Valley. The Cooperative established its main plant in Mission, B.C., first processing berries and later vegetables and jam. The Cooperative ceased operations in 1973 and was formally dissolved in 1984.

Riverside College

  • 0255
  • Corporate body
  • 2001-

-Opened in 2001 by Mission School District 75 through core funding from the BC Ministry of Education, Riverside College was originally known as Riverside Trades, Training and Career Centre (abbreviated Riverside Centre).

-The school was the first in the province to offer a combination of a pre-trades training program and a high school graduation program, enabling students to complete their high school education while preparing for an apprenticeship in a trade or a career training program.

-In 2010, the school moved from its initial location on the Lougheed Highway to a newly renovated purpose built facility capable of accommodating 350 students situated on the corner of Stave Lake Street and Dewdney Trunk Road.

-The school’s programs include training for auto service technician, carpentry, plumbing, cosmetology hairstylist, professional cook, community support worker and business support specialist.

Riverside College

  • 0255
  • Corporate body
  • 2001-

Opened in 2001 by Mission School District #75 through core funding from the BC Ministry of Education, Riverside College was originally known as Riverside Trades, Training and Career Centre (abbreviated Riverside Centre). The school was the first in the province to offer a combination of a pre-trades training program and a high school graduation program, enabling students to complete their high school education while preparing for an apprenticeship in a trade or a career training program. In 2010, the school moved from its initial location on the Lougheed Highway to a newly renovated purpose built facility capable of accommodating 350 students situated on the corner of Stave Lake Street and Dewdney Trunk Road. The school’s programs include training for automotive service technician, carpentry, plumbing, cosmetology, hairstylist, professional cook, community support worker/education assistant and business support specialist.

Results 61 to 90 of 106