Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Mission Hospital Auxiliary
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
- Mission Health Care Auxiliary
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
In 1920, a group of women banded together and formed the “Memorial Hospital Auxiliary” to support, enhance and promote health care in our community through volunteering and fundraising.
Through their efforts and innovative services and programs, the Auxiliary has played an integral role in the establishment, construction, and furnishing of Mission’s hospitals (est. 1920, 1925, and 1965).
Among their most outstanding fundraising efforts were “May Days” which they inaugurated in 1921 to provide revenue for the hospital and which went on to become a Mission institution.
Over the decades, the Auxiliary has also developed programs and services for patients, staff and the community, including: a hospital gift shop, a thrift store, ambulatory day care, and assisting long term care facilities.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Access points area
Place access points
Authority record identifier
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion