- 1908-2002 ; predominate 1948-1996 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
40 cm of textual records
ca. 35,877 photographs
Name of creator
The "Fraser Valley Record" was renamed the "Mission City Record" in 1996, and became tabloid in size.
The Fraser Valley Record was first published in 1908 in Mission City. The newspaper served the interests of Agassiz, Harrison, Harrison Mills, Hatzic, Mission City, Matsqui, Langley, Haney, Hammond, Coquitlam, Port Moody and the surrounding areas. The paper covered news of local, provincial and national importance. Under the new managing editor Lang Sands, the newspaper changed its focus in 1944 to Mission and immediately adjacent communities of Hatzic Island, Hatzic Prairie, Dewdney, Deroche, Nicomen Island, Lake Errock, and McConnell Creek.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The fonds consists of correspondence, subject files and photographs created and accumulated and used under the name of the Fraser Valley Record from 1908 to 1996 and under the name of Mission City Record after 1996.