- 1894 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 photograph : b&w ; 21.0 x 14.9
Name of creator
The "Fraser Valley Record" was renamed the "Mission City Record" in 1996, and became tabloid in size.
The Fraser Valley Record was first published in 1908 in Mission City. The newspaper served the interests of Agassiz, Harrison, Harrison Mills, Hatzic, Mission City, Matsqui, Langley, Haney, Hammond, Coquitlam, Port Moody and the surrounding areas. The paper covered news of local, provincial and national importance. Under the new managing editor Lang Sands, the newspaper changed its focus in 1944 to Mission and immediately adjacent communities of Hatzic Island, Hatzic Prairie, Dewdney, Deroche, Nicomen Island, Lake Errock, and McConnell Creek.
Photo Album of Fraser Flood 1894—In 1967 a couple bought a second hand bureau at an auction sale and in one of the drawers was this album. The inside cover reads “Fraser Valley Flood 1894. Photos by Geo W. Edwards – To his friend Ed Cline” They brought it to Mission and as there was no museum at that time and gave it to Mr. Mr. Evans at the Fraser Valley Record. The Album was eventually donated to the Mission Museum in 1972 and later transferred to the Mission Community Archives in 1994.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Photograph shows flooded railway tracks.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
1894 Photo Album
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title Source: Title based on content of image.
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Digital object metadata