- 1931-05-24 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 photograph : b&w ; 8.78 x 13.81
Name of creator
In 1920, a group of women banded together and formed the “Memorial Hospital Auxiliary” to support, enhance and promote health care in our community through volunteering and fundraising.
Through their efforts and innovative services and programs, the Auxiliary has played an integral role in the establishment, construction, and furnishing of Mission’s hospitals (est. 1920, 1925, and 1965).
Among their most outstanding fundraising efforts were “May Days” which they inaugurated in 1921 to provide revenue for the hospital and which went on to become a Mission institution.
Over the decades, the Auxiliary has also developed programs and services for patients, staff and the community, including: a hospital gift shop, a thrift store, ambulatory day care, and assisting long term care facilities.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Queen Velma Boothby (center) and in unknown order: Maids of Honour - Ruth Alexander, Pearl Phelps and Page Boys - Wilson Rose, Patrick Foy.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title Source: Formal title
Place access points
Name access points
- Mission Hospital Auxiliary (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Digital object metadata